Dell AppAssure Reports Another Record Year with 194% Revenue Growth in 2011
19th Consecutive Record Quarter, Winner of 6 Top Industry Awards, Over 6,000 Customers Protected and New Major Industry Milestones Achieved Again
RESTON, VA, February 6, 2012 – AppAssure Software, the award-winning leading backup for virtual, physical and cloud environments, today reported its 19th consecutive record quarter of growth in Q4 2011 and 194% revenue growth in 2011 compared to 2010. These results cement the company’s leadership as the industry’s fastest-growing, unified backup and replication product that protects more than 6,000 customers’ applications and data.
“AppAssure is the best backup and recovery product I’ve ever used,” said Danny Welch, corporate systems manager at American HealthTech, who switched to AppAssure because his legacy backup tool wasn’t up to the task of backing up his 100% virtualized environment. He continued, “Nothing is even close. We’ve used a lot of products, but nothing touches this!”
“In our benchmark tests, AppAssure proved to be significantly faster than legacy or single-point VM backup products, with performance ranging from 50% to 4000% faster than competitors’ when performing backup operations,” said Jack Fegreus, a world-renowned technology expert and analyst at OpenBench Labs. He added, “More importantly, we discovered AppAssure’s Smart Agent™ technology to be unique in being able to provide zero-perceived restore time, without adding significant processing overhead by remapping writes and then consolidating that data in a lengthy post-recovery process.”
“AppAssure’s speed and ease of use are great, and the continuous backup makes recovery go really smoothly,” said Dave Buzzell, Sedona Group’s CIO. “Our IT environment is constantly changing, and only AppAssure has been able to keep up with it. We estimate that we can keep three years of continuous backups just due to AppAssure’s true global deduplication and compression technology. That’s amazing!”
“We attribute our success to listening to our customers and partners as trusted colleagues,” said Najaf Husain, AppAssure’s President and CEO. “Moreover,” he continued, “the amount of data in organizations is growing fast and we are focused on delivering innovative cloud-enabled backup and replication solutions that meet the challenges of protecting huge data sets in both virtual and physical environments.”
Highlights of AppAssure’s 2011 Milestones:
- Product Milestones:
- New AppAssure v4.7 Product Launch: Backup, replication and recovery software extends the company’s lead in virtual and physical environments.
- Enhanced virtualization data protection: Expands the ability to protect multi-hypervisor environments and improves VMware vSphere 5 integration.
- Advanced application awareness: Extends performance with database-consistent backup and increases reliability with recovery auto-testing and auto-verification.
- Enhancements to AppAssure’s innovative technologies including Live Recovery™ – first-of-its-kind instant recovery technology offering near-zero Recovery Time for VM and physical servers; Recovery Assure™ – first-of-its-kind technology in the industry, offered years ago, and one that sets a new standard in data protection with automatic testing and verification of recoverability for every VM and physical backup; and Universal Recovery™ – cross-platform recovery that restores backups from anywhere to anywhere: from physical to virtual, virtual to virtual, or virtual to physical, as well as bare-metal recovery to dissimilar hardware (P2V, V2V, V2P); it includes granular object-level recovery with application-item and file-level recovery.
- Recipient of 6 of the top industry awards:
- Windows IT Pro Magazine Editors’ Best – Two gold awards, one in the Backup and one in the Disaster Recovery category. The2011 Editors’ Best Awards are based on a product’s strategic importance to the market,its competitive advantages, and its value to customers.
- Virtualization Review Magazine – Readers Choice 2012 ISV Winner in the Business Continuity category.
- Best of Tech-Ed 2011 Awards – AppAssure was named as a finalist in the Backup and Recovery Software category.
- 2011 CRN Emerging Technology Vendor – AppAssure selected to the annual list that features the most innovative vendors.
- Inc. 500 – Inc. Magazine ranked AppAssure as the fastest growing company among all backup and disaster recovery software firms nationwide in 2011.
- Record growth in talent recruitment:
- Expanded to more than 250 employees across customer service, R&D, sales, marketing and human resources.
- Record growth in new partner recruitment:
- 226% increase in active reseller partners and MSPs driven by partners’ need for the best unified virtual and physical data protection product.
Connect with AppAssure:
- Website: http://www.appassure.com
- Blog: http://blog.appassure.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/AppAssure
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AppAssure
About AppAssure Software
AppAssure, the leading backup for VM, physical and cloud infrastructures, delivers customer-proven backup and replication software that assures the recovery of servers, applications and data in minutes. AppAssure’s innovative technologies uniquely guarantee instant and 100% reliable data and application recovery from your server to your datacenter – to your cloud. AppAssure backup software permits VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, Windows Server backup, Microsoft Exchange Server backup, and goes beyond protecting data, to protecting entire applications in both virtual and physical environments, enabling service providers and enterprises to adopt a cloud model to deliver fast, reliable and secure data protection. AppAssure is an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. With 3,450% growth over the past three years and more than 6,000 customers, partners and service providers in over 50 countries, AppAssure is the world’s fastest growing backup and replication software company, ranked by Inc. Magazine. The company has now posted 19 consecutive quarters of growth. Learn more about AppAssure Software by visiting http://www.appassure.com/.