Downloading and Installing the AppAssure 5 Agent
AppAssure 5 Core and Agent Build 5.x
This article serves as a “How-to” guide for users seeking to add an agent within the AppAssure 5 license portal.
You can add an agent to protection from the License Portal as well as the Core. Users can deploy the AppAssure 5 Agent Installer to individual Windows machines for protection by completing the steps outlined within this article.
Complete the following steps.
1. Log on to the AppAssure 5 License Portal. You can do this by clicking here.
2. Download the AppAssure 5 Agent installer file from the AppAssure 5 License Portal or from the AppAssure 5 Core (Core >> Tools >>Downloads); for example: Agent-X64-5.4.1.xxxxx.exe .
3. Click Run or Save. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click Save File.
- If you click Save, select the location you wish to save the file. The file will download to your system. Navigate to the file location and double click the file.
- If you click Run, the installer will start automatically.
- NOTE: The installer checks that the .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on your system. If it is missing, the installer will prompt you to download and install the framework.
4. On the AppAssure 5 Installation wizard Welcome page, click Next.
5. On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
6. The Prerequisites page appears.
7. The AppAssure 5 Agent Installer will verify the presence of prerequisite files. Select one of the following options based on the verification results:
- If the prerequisite files exist, a message will display to indicate that all prerequisites are installed on the machine. Click Next.
- If the prerequisites do not exist, the AppAssure 5 Agent Installer will identify which files are needed and will display the results accordingly; for example, Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2008 R2 (x64). Click Install Prerequisites.
8. When the installation of the prerequisite files finishes, click Next. The Installation Options page appears.
9. Verify the path and destination folder for the installation. If you need to designate a different path, click Change, select a new path, and click OK.
10. Select on of the following options:
- Select Allow Agent to automatically send diagnostic and usage information to AppAssure Software to send diagnosis and user information to Dell | AppAssure.
- Clear the option if you prefer not to have this information sent.
11. If necessary, modify the port number in the Port Number text box. The port number is used as a communication channel between agents and the AppAssure 5 core. The default setting is 8006.
12. Click Next. The progress page appears and includes a status bar that lets you monitor the progress of the installation.
13. When the installation is complete, the Completed page appears.
14. Select one of the following options, and then click Finish.
- Click Yes, I want to restart my computer now.
- Or, click No, I will restart my computer later.
- NOTE: Restart your system before using the AppAssure 5 Agent instance.